Search: BRILL, Handbook
Results 1 - 10 of 283
These papers on Greek literature, historiography and philosophy and on the history of classical scholarship seek to explore the consequences of the paradoxical combination of interpreting messages from a distant past and at the same time vindicating their relevance to contemporary civilization.
Edited by Douglas E. Gerber
This handbook is a guide to the reading of elegiac, iambic, personal and public poetry of early Greece. Intended as a teaching manual or as an aid for advanced undergraduate and graduate students, it presents the major scholarly debates affecting the reading of these poetic texts, such as the ...
Edited by Ian Morris and Barry Powell
Edited by Jens Kreinath, Jan Snoek and Michael Stausberg
Volume one of Theorizing Rituals assembles 34 leading scholars from various countries and disciplines working within this field.
The present work supplements the original volume of The Arabic Manuscript Tradition (AMT), both its glossary of technical terms and bibliography. It includes new entries of technical terms, additional definitions of, and/or citations for, the entries already found in AMT, and recent ...
Dionisius A. Agius
Drawing upon Arabic literary sources, iconographic evidence and archaeological finds, this book examines trade, port towns, ship construction, seamanship, ship typology and their historical development in the Western Indian Ocean, focussing on the Medieval Islamic period but including earlier ...
This publication supplements the author´s BIBLIOGRAPHY OF ISLAMIC PHILOSOPHY and discloses in an extensive index the contents of more than 3000 books and articles, which were published since 1999. It underlines again the importance of Islamic philosophy for the history of philosophy and for ...
An examination of the historical environment of Muscat, the capital of Oman, and the damage sustained by the city’s historical legacy since 1970. It includes a historical gazetteer of Muscat and its environs and numerous maps and photographs.
Edited by Alan J. Avery-Peck and Jacob Neusner
This second volume of a two-part project displays the best of contemporary Israeli, North American, and European scholarship on the Mishnah, revealing the intellectual vitality of scholarship in all three centers of learning. Because of the many viewpoints included here, it is the most ...
Ignacio J. Adiego with an Appendix by Koray Konuk
This handbook presents a complete and updated view of our current knowledge about Carian, one of the Indo-European languages spoken in ancient Anatolia.
Click a term to refine your current search.
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - Archaeology, Art & Architecture (2)
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - Authors, Texts, Literature (1)
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - Egyptology (1)
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - General (9)
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - History (13)
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - Linguistics (6)
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - Religion (4)
- Asian Studies - Central Asia (13)
- Asian Studies - China (15)
- Asian Studies - General (6)
- Asian Studies - Japan (16)
- Asian Studies - Religion (1)
- Asian Studies - South Asia (18)
- Asian Studies - South East Asia (15)
- Biblical Studies - Biblical Interpretations (4)
- Biblical Studies - Early Church & Patristics (1)
- Biblical Studies - General (6)
- Biblical Studies - Gnosticism & Manichaeism (2)
- Biblical Studies - Hebrew Bible (5)
- Biblical Studies - New Testament & Early Christian Writings (4)
- Biology - Botany (1)
- Classical Studies - Ancient History (2)
- Classical Studies - Epigraphy & Papyrology (1)
- Classical Studies - General (25)
- Classical Studies - Greek & Latin Literature (3)
- History - Church History (1)
- History - Early Modern History (4)
- History - General (5)
- History - History of Science & Medicine (1)
- History - Intellectual History (6)
- History - Jewish History & Culture (1)
- History - Medieval History (19)
- Jewish Studies - General (11)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Archaeology, Art & Architecture (1)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - General (19)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - History & Culture (7)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Islamic Law (2)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Literature (16)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Philosophy, Theology & Science (5)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Sociology & Anthropology (1)
- Religious Studies - Comparative Religion & Religious Studies (1)
- Religious Studies - History of Religion (3)
- Social Sciences - Critical Social Sciences (2)
- Social Sciences - Religion & Society (1)
Imprint: all » BRILL
- Reference Work (283)