Search: Primary Source
Publication Type: Primary Source
Results 21 - 30 of 1173
Anthologies and literary miscellanies contains also collections of anecdotes, proverbs, belles-lettres in addition to anthologised collections of poetry and prose. This collection is also included in the Arabic Manuscripts in the British Library collection.
Protosciences is an umbrella term to include works of a magical, occult, amuletic and quasi-scientific nature. Other sciences is subdivided under agriculture, calligraphy, Chess, Conjuring, Cookery, Falconry, Gemmology, General Science, Mechanics, Hydraulics, Military, Music, Natural History, ...
Works on the general principles of Islamic law and works on the application of Islamic law. Since in most cases the religious stance of the author is apparent, this category has been subdivided into the four Sunni schools and the Shiah school of law. Commentaries, legal monographs and ...
Hadith includes the collections of traditions together with commentaries and glosses on them. Also covered are critical works, compilations of traditions on specific subjects, works on the chains of transmission and works which use hadith as proof texts. Kalam are works on theology in the widest ...
Works on biography, history, and geography. This collection is also included in the Arabic Manuscripts in the British Library collection.
This section includes works of Moslim philosophers in all fields of philosophical study, as weel as versions of and commentaries on Greek texts. Works on practical philosophy covering general morality and conduct, both personal and public, are also included. This collection is also included in ...
This subject consists of Arabic works in Syriac scipt (Karshuni), and bilingual texts in addition to many works translated in to Arabic. It also includes Arabic works in Hebrew or Samaritan scripts as well as bilingual texts covering not only Jewish but also Muslim culture. Non-specific works, ...
This section includes not only the complete work but also individual sections of the Qur'anic text and, in some cases, single pages of calligraphic importance. It contains works on the accepted reading traditions of the Qur'anic text and the specific rules of recitation. This section includes ...
Manuscripts in Arabic characters, most of them Arabic and about 10 percent of them Persian and Ottoman, collected by professor A.S. Yahuda. Approximately one-third of the manuscripts are medieval, dating from the ninth to the sixteenth century. The contents of the manuscripts include all areas ...
The collection consists of Syriac and Arabic (Christian Arabic and Islamic Arabic) manuscripts plus the catalogue on microfiche (volumes 1-4). The catalogues cover: • Vol. 1: Syriac and Garsuni manuscripts; • Vol. 2: Christian Arabic manuscripts and additional Syriac manuscripts; • Vol. 3: ...
Click a term to refine your current search.
- American Studies - General (3)
- American Studies - Latin America (92)
- American Studies - North America (20)
- Art and Architecture - Art History (18)
- Art and Architecture - General (4)
- Art and Architecture - Performing Arts (51)
- Art and Architecture - Photograph Collections (13)
- Asian Studies - Central Asia (18)
- Asian Studies - China (25)
- Asian Studies - East Asia (18)
- Asian Studies - General (18)
- Asian Studies - Japan (6)
- Asian Studies - Korea (4)
- Asian Studies - Pacific (8)
- Asian Studies - Religion (6)
- Asian Studies - South Asia (128)
- Asian Studies - South East Asia (96)
- Biblical Studies - Biblical Interpretations (2)
- Biblical Studies - Dead Sea Scrolls (1)
- Biblical Studies - Early Church & Patristics (4)
- Biblical Studies - General (2)
- Biology - Biology & Environmental Sciences (45)
- Biology - Botany (3)
- Biology - General (7)
- History - Book History (36)
- History - Church History (1)
- History - Early Modern History (47)
- History - General (6)
- History - History of Science & Medicine (7)
- History - Intellectual History (5)
- History - Jewish History & Culture (17)
- History - Medieval History (8)
- History - Modern History (30)
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Law - Human Rights (11)
- International Law - Legal History (11)
- International Law - Public International Law (18)
- Jewish Studies - General (5)
- Language and Linguistics - Dictionaries & Reference Works (1)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - General (17)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - History & Culture (55)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Islamic Law (9)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Philosophy, Theology & Science (6)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Sociology & Anthropology (1)
- Religious Studies - History of Religion (78)
- Science - Earth Sciences (1)
- Slavic and Eurasian Studies - Area Studies (17)
- Slavic and Eurasian Studies - Arts (12)
- Slavic and Eurasian Studies - Early Printing (2)
- Slavic and Eurasian Studies - Economics & Statistics (19)
- Slavic and Eurasian Studies - General (13)
- Slavic and Eurasian Studies - History (68)
- Slavic and Eurasian Studies - Human Rights & Law (12)
- Slavic and Eurasian Studies - Jewish History & Culture (12)
- Slavic and Eurasian Studies - Literature & Linguistics (6)
- Slavic and Eurasian Studies - Periodicals & Serials (7)
- Slavic and Eurasian Studies - Religion (9)
- Social Sciences - African Studies (29)
- Social Sciences - General (3)
- Social Sciences - Religion & Society (1)
- Social Sciences - Sociology & Anthropology (1)
- Available (1173)
- Asian Studies (327)
- Slavic and Eurasian Studies (177)
- History (157)
- American Studies (115)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies (88)
- Art and Architecture (86)
- Religious Studies (78)
- Biology (55)
- Social Sciences (34)
- International Law (29)
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Law (11)
- Biblical Studies (9)
- Jewish Studies (5)
- Language and Linguistics (1)
- Science (1)
- IDC (1173)