Search: Middle East and Islamic Studies, Series
Results 1 - 10 of 62
Chief Editor: Jørgen S. Nielsen, University of Copenhagen Associate Editors: Marie-Claire Foblets, University of Leuven; Silvio Ferrari, University of Milan; Agata S. Nalborczyk, University of Warsaw; Mathias Rohe, University of Erlangen; Prakash Shah, Queen Mary’s University of London
Annotated Legal Documents on Islam in Europe consists of an annotated collection of legal documents affecting the status of Islam and Muslims in Europe. The legal texts will be published in the original language while the annotations and supporting material will be in English.
The Aristoteles Semitico-Latinus project envisages the publication of the Syriac, Arabic and Hebrew translations of Aristotle's works, of the Latin translations of these translations and the medieval paraphrases and commentaries made in the context of this translation tradition.
Aḥmad ibn ʿAlī al-Maqrīzī (d. 845/1442) is considered one of the great historians of the Islamic civilization. He composed works in several different genres and on a wide variety of topics (chronicles, biographical dictionaries, works and treatises on various subjects such as numismatics, ...
Edited by Suzanne Pinckney Stetkevych, Ross Brann and Franklin Lewis
Prof. S. Sardar Ali, Prof. Eugene Cotran, Mark Hoyle and Martin Lau
Click a term to refine your current search.
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Archaeology, Art & Architecture (2)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Contemporary Islam (1)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - General (21)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Geography (1)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - History & Culture (19)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Islamic Law (5)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Literature (6)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Ottoman & Turkish Studies (1)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Philosophy, Theology & Science (3)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Sociology & Anthropology (3)
- Humanities (62)