Search: New Title, Paperback
Results 1 - 10 of 38
Edited by Kate Fleet, Gudrun Krämer, Denis Matringe, John Nawas and Everett Rowson
The Third Edition of Brill’s Encyclopaedia of Islam is an entirely new work, with new articles reflecting the great diversity of current scholarship. It appears in four substantial segments each year, both online and in print. The new scope includes comprehensive coverage of Islam in the ...
Chiara Formichi, City University of Hong Kong
A testament to the relevance of historical research in understanding contemporary politics, Islam and the Making of the Nation guides the reader through the contingencies of the past that have led to the transformation of a nationalist leader into a 'separatist rebel' and a 'martyr', while at ...
Taking a historical and comparative perspective, the book analyses current attempts of regime change in various parts of the world, their intended and unintended consequences, as well as moral, legal and political aspects of external interference in internal processes.
In Unity in Connectivity? Evolving Human Rights Mechanisms in the ASEAN Region, Vitit Muntarbhorn discusses developments concerning the growth of human rights institutions and processes at the national and regional levels in Southeast Asia, and related challenges.
Edited by Richard Fox Young, Princeton Theological Seminary and Jonathan A. Seitz, Taiwan Theological Seminary
Asia in the Making of Christianity studies the experience of converts from fifteen locations throughout Asia, using a variety of approaches to examine the meaning of becoming Christian. The book addresses and assesses models under debate for understanding religious conversion.
Edited by Marlene Laruelle, George Washington University
Since the start of the 1990s, Central Asia has been the main purveyor of migrants in the post-Soviet space. These massive migrations impact issues of governance; patterns of social adaptation; individual and collective identity transformations; and gender relation in Central Asia.
Hiroko Kawanami, Lancaster University
In Renunciation and Empowerment of Buddhist Nuns in Myanmar-Burma, Kawanami offers a detailed account of how Buddhist nuns build their monastic community through fostering scriptural education and engaging in religious activities devoted to the dissemination of the Buddha's teaching.
Wilhelmina van Wetering en H.U.E. Thoden van Velzen
Een zwarte vrijstaat in Suriname, deel 2 vertelt de geschiedenis van de Okaanse Marrons na hun vredesverdrag met blanke planters en de stichting van een zelfstandige staat in 1760. Een zwarte vrijstaat in Suriname, deel 2 charts the previously undocumented history of the Okanisi Maroons of ...
Sandra J.T.M. Evers, Caroline Seagle, Froukje Krijtenburg, VU University Amsterdam
Africa for Sale? Positioning the State, Land and Society in Foreign Large-Scale Land Acquisitions in Africa analyzes the role of the state in driving, negotiating and facilitating (foreign) land deals, and examines the extent to which large-scale land acquisitions are conditioned by land ...
This is the first book that investigates political banishment in South Africa as well as with a global, historical and comparative focus. It advances understanding of banishment as an old and common practice.
Click a term to refine your current search.
- African Studies - History (2)
- African Studies - Sociology & Anthropology (5)
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - Law (1)
- Asian Studies - Central Asia (1)
- Asian Studies - China (2)
- Asian Studies - General (1)
- Asian Studies - South East Asia (3)
- Biblical Studies - Early Church & Patristics (1)
- History - Early Modern History (1)
- History - Global History (1)
- History - Intellectual History (1)
- History - Medieval History (2)
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Law - Human Rights (1)
- International Law - Constitutional Law (1)
- International Law - International Law (1)
- International Law - International Organizations (1)
- International Law - Law of the Sea (1)
- Jewish Studies - General (4)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - General (1)
- Philosophy - Ethics & Moral Philosophy (1)
- Religious Studies - History of Religion (1)
- Science - Medical Sciences (2)
- Science - Psychology (2)
- Theology and Missiology - General (1)
Availability: all » New Title
- Book (38)
- 2013 (38)